377 Days - Blog #97, characters are my imaginary friends



Starting a manuscript is a bit of an awkward dance.  Like a first – or second date.  You know you want to be with these characters, but they are still unfamiliar.  Their details are unfamiliar.  Their histories are unknown.  You’re pretty sure you like them… but there is still a chance it might not be the case.  And yet, you are willing to trust them to go on this emotional journey and roller coaster.

I know these characters from before.  And yet I am carving out new identities for them, so my footing on their paths is still uncertain.
 
But I think I’m going to enjoy their friendship for the next few weeks.

Yes.  I’m a writer.  So I think of my characters as my (imaginary) friends.

And… I’ve been at the computer too much this weekend, so that is all I am going to say about that for now.


Comments

Popular Posts