377 days - Blog #110 Five things I like about a lazy Sunday



Yesterday was a marathon day.  Supper club days tend to be… something about cleaning and cooking and whatever else I do to get ready for company.  It often seems I spend more hours getting ready than I do hosting the event.  But it’s all good.  I have a cleaner house and leftovers aplenty to bring for lunch for the rest of the week.

And, of course, it completely justifies a low key Sunday.  Something I realize is not going to happen much in the new year.

But I will say I enjoy it. So why not articulate that with a list?  

Five things I enjoy about a lazy Sunday.

1. I can get up early or late.  Usually I choose something in between so I won’t completely throw off my clock at the end of the day.

2. I can catch up on Netflix.  Namely, the DVD to which I still subscribe.  I think I'm finally interested in Game of Thrones.  Maybe.  I'm okay with waiting another week or five until the next episode.  But I enjoyed today's viewing.

3. The lazy Sunday that follows a supper club is best.  Because that generally means leftovers.  So, basically after a day of cooking, I don’t have to cook.  Or really wash dishes.  Anything that goes in the microwave can go in the dishwasher.  Yaye for modern convenience.

4. I can write in my journal.  I should do this every day.  But I’ve been writing a lot of other things lately.  It’s a really good emotional dump.  I needed that today.

5. I can clean up my photos inventory… which the day after supper club usually means supper club photos are shared.  ;)

Yes, those are all the indulgences of which a single person without children can take advantage.  Today, I’ve done just that.

I would have said nap… but it’s almost too late for one of those.  Or maybe not.

Credit paraflyer via Flickr Creative Commons

Comments

Popular Posts