377 days, blog #104 - a day off
Yesterday was a day that started with moderation and then
took off without much pause.
It was a good day, though.
Full of accomplishment. It ended
with a heartfelt conversation with a friend I don’t see all too often. And so, I found myself once more neglecting
one of my 377 days.
And this morning I decided that’s okay.
Part of discipline, I realize, isn’t just sticking with the
habit. It’s also knowing when to give
the habit a reprieve, and thus some perspective. So a day off here and there isn’t a bad
thing. Especially when it involves
conversation in front of the fire.
Of course, my mind is tired today. I crave thinking about someone else’s
creative output more than my own after a weekend that was full of theater and…
okay, writing was definitely on the back burner for Saturday and Sunday.
So my plan for tonight is to head home, have some spicy
soup, watch the Dr. Who finale, and get some rest so I can start it all again
tomorrow.
Because my brain is toast.
Comments