377 days - Blog #8 where I totally give up on what I had in mind to write and just cheat with a quote and a link to my opening scene
So. Today is a day when I had a whole blog typed out, clicked Ctrl a and then pressed delete. I actually have quite a few of those. But this 377 days thing means I have promised myself not to let today complete without at least a couple paragraphs.
I didn’t like my page of paragraphs.
But I am going to salvage this one thing. A quote upon which I find myself mulling as I try to sew up the last bits and pieces of my manuscript.
"Black women wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see Black women. White women wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see women. White men wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see human beings."— Michelle Haimoff
I could write more about this… but I think for tonight, I will work out my thesis through my characters.
But if you need to read more tonight, here is the bit where my narrators wake up. Also known as the start of my novel. At least right now. That could also meet the demise of Ctrl A delete.

Comments