377 Days - Blog #58 - gauntlet, on the ground



So I got a little distracted from my blog intentions when I logged onto the Internet and tasked myself with the mission of finding a Jim Henson quote or video to paste on my Facebook page.  It was one of those proverbial social media rabbit holes.  But… actually… a good variety.  Because it led me to quotes like this.




Which is very timely because… well, I think I’ve found an inspiration.

We had a meeting of the WWC tonight.  Our attendance seems to be dwindling.  Be it the fall and its distractions or … well I don’t know what else it could be.  I do know that we had a nice little group tonight with discussion that almost let the 8 o’clock hour slip passed arrival without any writing.  But we did find our silence and devotion to the less social component of our evening.

I wasn’t writing.  Well not in the technical sense.

I was reading.  But as I read, plots and characters and sentences started to unravel themselves from the five years ago version of me and begin a tighter knitting of the story (funny that impulse had me put a g instead of that first t as I wrote the word).

I’m not going to write much more now.  The last minutes of Wednesday are winding down to a close… and before I close my eyes on the day, I do want to read some more of this dusty manuscript.

But I will tell you this, dear Reader.  I have another list item to report on the weekend.  A determination.  And if you find this blog by some other means than my writing Facebook page, well… check it out… because I promise you that there will be pictures of knights and details of feasts and maybe a scene or two… as I ready myself to face and complete that challenge.


Comments

Popular Posts