377 days - Blog #42 of stress and Brussels sprouts



So I wanted to kick off my Monday theme with an enthusiastic devotion to getting healthier.  I don’t know if it is the full moon or the fact it is a Monday (which is even more a Monday after having two short weeks) or just the unfortunate dumping of the universe on my present… but I ended up coming home tonight without a walk or any form of exercise… and a meal of comfort food.

Now, granted, my ideal comfort food is Brussels sprouts.  And something about the day prompted me to make that purchase at Trader Joe’s after work, even though it is still too early for them and I was forced to buy a packaged variety of too tiny sprouts from some far away place.  Whatever, it was good with olive oil and garlic and my favorite combo of pesto and pasta… which is the less healthy component to my comfort dish.

Anyway… it’s kind of appropriate to indulge that green meal when the major source of today’s woe is the inevitable need to replace my green muppet car, Kermit, which is going to cost a lot of green, and subtract said green from my savings for the green isle of Ireland.  And now that I’ve had a ‘greener’ car, I can’t imagine going back to one that is not… even though the thought of a standard transmission might be enough to quell that grimace of losing 20 miles per gallon.  No, not really.

Ugh.  It was a day.

Stress.  Stress that prompts such unhealthy behavior, such unhealthy laziness.
And yet… here’s a complete twist on that thought.  I love my Kermit.  But I think I’ve outlived his usefulness.  I almost got a whole other year after I stopped my insane commute.  And that insane commute produced a huge amount of stress in my life.  I think some of that energy still lives in my beloved Prius.  Maybe it’s time to let it go.  So I will find it easier to avoid unhealthy behaviors.

But I still will eat my Brussels sprouts.


Comments

Popular Posts