377 Days, Blog #51 - stART or where you should be Sunday
So last night, the co-founders of the WWC met to discuss our
parts in Worcester’s annual fall festival, stART on the Street. If you don’t know what I’m talking about and
don’t have the desire to click the hyperlink, this is an amazing collection of
artists that shuts down one of the major streets of Worcester for an entire
day. There are visual artists,
musicians, performers, non-profits, food vendors, and writers. To name a few. Organized by a pretty amazing group who believe in our local scene and the city.
It’s pretty spectacular.
If you’ve never been, you really should go. And if you have already made plans for this
Sunday, make plans to come next year. It’s
a great opportunity to support the local creative economy. But more than that, you can just infuse your
soul with creative energy as you walk down the street and see what so many
imaginations put together.
It isn’t actually a great opportunity to sell books. (I figure if I can pay for my lunch, I’ve
made out okay.) But it is a great chance to meet other writers. Writers who are drawn to our typewriter,
where we ask people to add a sentence to our ongoing story. We attract new members. We see old friends. We get sunburns.
It’s a good day.
Like I said, you should come.
Sunday
11am to 6pm
Park Ave.
Worcester
You’ll know it when you see it.

Comments