377 days - Blog #146, huh a year gone by already
I’m not going to write a long while today. I think my brain is still on holiday… and I’m
okay with that.
I did think it important to note, however, that today is the
one year anniversary of my job. It’s …
well… that funny/bizarre/peculiar/weird/I don’t know what to call it really
thing about time passing so swiftly and then suddenly what was new and
uncomfortable is normal… and well uncomfortable for being so swiftly normal and
that’s not exactly what shaking life up a year ago was supposed to be about.
Anyway…
It is also pretty nearly the one year anniversary of Higgins
closing. And they just sold the building. I think it’s a good
thing. A good sad thing, I should
say. So the museum failed. Failure is an opportunity to learn, to pick
up the pieces and put them back together again.
I like where some of the pieces have collected, so to speak. Plus, what was broken is distant enough in my
memory that it doesn’t hurt to see it in pieces. Basically, I’m excited for Worcester and what
could happen. (Yes, those of you who are
determined to remain cynical about Worcester and its lackluster motivation – a lot
could not happen. But I prefer to think
about the former.)
So, yeah. A
year. A pretty sleepy, inactive
year. And yet one that has formulated
change just the same. Just imagine if I
actually had a cognizant effort towards such things.

Comments