377 days - Blog #125 Three things I learned today



It’s an ordinary Tuesday.  A day that could slip by unnoticed.  And yet I still managed to learn something today.

1. When you want an excuse to stay in your car to listen to the story they tease at the beginning of the hour, it will not air until the end of the hour.  Moreover, there will be no traffic in the center of Holden.  Or at any traffic light where there is normally a line.  But it is a perfect opportunity to go through a drivethru at Starbucks, where of course the story comes on as you have to interact with the cashier.  Luckily, it is on the internet for an encore listen. I encourage you to listen and learn about my brother-in-law’s amazing accomplishments with music education.

2. I like to procrastinate.  Some of my best work comes from procrastinating. Unfortunately, that is not a comfort zone for other people when I agree to help them with something.  So I need to work on that.  I really need to work on that.

3. Okay, this isn’t one that is specific to today, but it was reinforced by that WBUR story I referenced in #1.  People want to be encouraged in their creativity.  To be given the freedom to try – and fail.  And be told to get up and try harder the next time.  It really means a lot to anyone – be it a kid from a tough neighborhood or a fortysomething who has always wanted to write something but never gave herself permission – to be told they have the ability to start, to mess up, but most important to keep improving until achieving accomplishment.  I keep finding affirmation of this detail in my life.  I think the universe is tuning me into something.

Comments

Popular Posts