377 days - Blog #85, a pout about Homeland
I’m not going to lie.
I spent all my creative energy and emotion tonight watching the last
three episodes of Homeland’s season three.
Bleh.
(Warning. Do not read
the next few paragraphs if you are not presently at that point with Homeland or watch things a
year behind like me.)
Now, I stupidly opened up an article a month or so ago about
major characters who were killed off of a series. I think that was just after I got sucker
punched by the major plot twist of The Good Wife (another spoiler I kind of
knew about but decided to write it in my head so I in no way expected to cry
all night long about the untimely exit of the grown up version of Knox Overstreet). Anyway, I found out about Brody before I even
started season three (because I still wait for the DVDs through Netflix a year
after the season ends).
I vaguely remember some press from when it started last year, stating
how there wasn’t as much of Brody in season three. Maybe that accounts for my patience between
when I finished season two a year ago and now.
Because, you see, that’s why I watched this show in the
first place. Yes, the writing grabbed me
once I actually turned on the episode. The acting compelled me. But, mostly I am a total fan girl. Damian Lewis remains my primary interest.
I do have a weakness for gingers with a British accent. Even though he will always be Major Dick
Winters to me, whom I would watch every Friday night that September in London
to help me feel a little bit of American something. Yeah, he was icky, jerky Soames
Forsythe. But then he was Benedick.
For a good laugh...
For a cry...
All right I know that is kind of absurd. But tonight, I am grieving the loss of the opportunity
to see him in this show. And also, a bit of a petty disappointment in his denouement. Maybe
because it was just so… slow after such intensity at the start. Because it cast aside the brilliant
relationships his character had with family and wrote them into a corner all to
highlight the star and now producer of the show.
I don’t dislike it. I’m
just pouting. And I think I’ll be okay
with waiting another year for the next season.
I mean, it’s not like I have a book to write in November or anything.

Comments