377 days - Blog #79 a tirade against the mockery of the cursed cursor
Hello blinking cursor.
Thank you for mocking me.
Honestly, I think I would rather turn you off tonight and go into the
other room where I can find another Netflix/BBC co-production in which I can
distract/lose myself.
I’m not much interested in creating my own work
tonight. Or confronting the deadlines
that I have pushed away from very good and responsible head start to last
minute. But there you are, blinking
cursor, flashing in the same annoying almost iambic rhythm as a ticking clock. Harbinger of doom. Inspiration of hyperbole.
I really don’t want to write tonight.
Sorry, dear Reader. I
don’t want to bore you with the tedium of this mental and emotional block. Sometimes the creativity just oozes from my
fingertips. Or sometimes it is just the
obtuseness of an opinion I decide to hash out in a few rambling paragraphs.
Tonight I lack both.
We could call it rejuvenation. A necessary mental recharge (although it
would have been more convenient tomorrow when I get my next Homeland DVD – or we
can argue how season three’s shark jump has drained the whole creative thought
process thing). I just don’t feel the
fiction thing. Or even the blog thing
right now.
And yet, I’ve still managed to type up five
non-paragraphs. All in honor of your
tedious and furious apathy, you damned cursed iambic cursor.
Comments