377 days - Blog #75, a simple blog or just a few details of moments before midnight



So here it is.  Ten minutes before midnight and I am completely uninspired for a topic on which to write several paragraphs.  My stomach is full.  My mind and heart are content.  And that is the result of an evening spent at a table over a good autumnal meal with friends.

Maybe that’s all that needs to be said.  Today was a good day.  It was dreary and wet and cold.  But it’s that time of year when the dreary isn’t as gray because the leaves are a substitute source of golden light, even as they fall to the grass but retain the color in those hours before drying to a duller brown.

I made a pie from apples to bring tonight.  I did some yoga to clear out my head and reconnect with my breath.  I brought in a plant from my porch when I got home and saw the frosty borderline of 39 degrees on my dashboard display.  And now I look at it, resting temporarily on the coffee table showing off the renewed vitality that came with the sunshine and fresh air of a summer spent on the porch.

Tomorrow is another day, one just as full.  So I think I’ll savor those little details of the day and call it a good night.

Comments

lauren said…
Enjoying a slice of your delicious pie with my morning coffee. Is it possible that it's even better the next day? :)

Popular Posts