377 Days - Blog #77, when the holiday weekend is in, the wit is out
I'm afraid I haven't had much inspiration for writing this weekend. Maybe it is the saturation of theater plans draining that part of my creative energy. Maybe it's the fact I awoke with a sniffled nose this morning and haven't found much motivation to tackle the rest of my todo list for the weekend.
I did find myself revisiting some of that fire stoked by the play reading last night and going back to lollygag on the National Theater educational youtube station. As I contemplate directing and planning a rehearsal process (for Shakespeare) again, I found this video of particular interest.
Maybe it isn't a graduate theater degree. And yes, I'm pretty content to do community theater in the rural and somewhat urban parts of Central Mass, but I do like to think these great ideas and philosophies of art can still influence me and by consequence the artists with whom I work.
I look forward to directing a rehearsal process again - hopefully within the next year or two!
I did find myself revisiting some of that fire stoked by the play reading last night and going back to lollygag on the National Theater educational youtube station. As I contemplate directing and planning a rehearsal process (for Shakespeare) again, I found this video of particular interest.
Maybe it isn't a graduate theater degree. And yes, I'm pretty content to do community theater in the rural and somewhat urban parts of Central Mass, but I do like to think these great ideas and philosophies of art can still influence me and by consequence the artists with whom I work.
I look forward to directing a rehearsal process again - hopefully within the next year or two!

Comments