377 Days - Blog #70 - a day like and unlike any other



I probably have a bit more of an aptitude for remembering dates than some people.  I like to think on this day in another year and another perspective of my reality.  I remember opening nights.  I remember birthdays.  I remember days I started a new job.  Days I moved.  Days I spent on an adventure.  And of course, there are the days I remember when the world shifted.  Days I remember because the perspective I knew and understood would never be the same after.

Today is such a day.  Two years ago.  I remember I made an apple pie or maybe it was lasagna.  Or maybe both.  I knew my mother wasn’t going to be much for cooking dinner.  My sister was going to be there with the girls, who were still such little babies then.  Thinking about that reminds me of how time has passed.  How many other mornings and apple pies and visits to my parents have come and gone since that Saturday when my grandmother drew her last breath.

Anyone who reads here should understand how very much my family means to me… and no doubt how much I love my grandparents.  She was something special.  I like to think all grandchildren think that way about their grandmother… but I know I was definitely one of the lucky ones.

She meant means the world to me.  I was lucky enough to speak at her funeral, to be able to say goodbye with the words that mean so very much to me.  Words that I think can sum up today’s reflection just as well today as they did two years ago.  You can read them here.





Miss you Gram. 


Comments

Popular Posts