377 days - Blog #150, Supper Club is Five Years Old



Next week at this time I will be sitting in front of my fire waiting for my dinner guests.  It will be the five year anniversary of my supper club, of which I have written here many times.

The theme for next week is pick your favorite dish.  It is easy to forget all the different themes and recipes from over the years.  So today I used the Facebook archival system and figured out (most of) our themes since 2010.  It’s a pretty impressive and varied list.  Lots of ideas for what to make next week.  

2/2010 – Mardi Gras
3/2010 – St. Patrick’s Day
6/2010 – Salad
7/2010 – Roman Empire
9/2010 – Food on a Stick I
10/2010 – Pumpkin
11/2010 –Thanksgiving redux
1/2011 – Twelfth Night
2/2011 – Soul Food
4/2011 – Easter or Passover?
5/2011 – Memorial Dishes
6/2011 – Take out Newton
7/2011 – Local food (celebrate Worcester)
8/2011 – Food on a Stick II
9/2011 – Breakfast
11/2011 – Guy Fawkes
2/2012 – Dinner in the Woods
3/2012 – Books
3/2012 – Blue Moon
5/2012 – Cinco de Mayo
7/2012 – Breakfast
9/2012 – Food on a stick III
11/2012 – Pie
12/2012 – Holidazed
1/2013 – 1900 downstairs
1/2013 – 1900 upstairs (tea party)
2/2013 – 1910s
3/2013 – 1920s
4/2013 – 1930s
5/2013 – 1940s
6/2013 – 1950s
6/2013 – 1950s cocktail party
7/2013 – 1960s
8/2013 – 1970s
9/2013 – Food on a stick IV
10/2013 – 1980s
11/2013 – 1990s
12/2013 – 1960s Christmas
1/2014 – Twelfth Night (renaissance dinner)
2/2014 – Othello (power food)
3/2014 – Julius Caesar (Roman food)
4/2014 – Merry Wives of Windsor (cheese)
5/2014 – King Lear (fermented food)
6/2014 – Midsummer Night’s Dream
9/2014  - Food on a Stick V
11/2014- Titus Andronicus (pie)
12/2014 – 12 days of Christmas

Well, at least I have a week to figure out my favorite.  But I’m not going to think too much on it now.  


Comments

Popular Posts