25 Ordinaries that Resonate with Bliss
I’m starting to feel as though I just complain a lot here. I realize I preface the page of my blog with the notion of not speaking until I feel compelled to say something about a subject… but it certainly seems as though a lot of what I feel compelled to say is singed with anger. Believe it or not - overall, I am quite okay with the world… a satisfaction to which I apply another favorite quote. I were but little happy if I could say how much.
So today, as a Valentine to life, I am going to say a few positive things. 25 in fact. It seems a popular number in these sorts of lists. It is a random collection of things that just make me happy. Without much effort. That … for a few fleeting, albeit delicious, moments… make me glad to be alive and breathing in the air of this life.
So here we go. 25 things that make me happy.
1. The quiet of morning after a snowfall
2. Driving down Rte. 9 or some similar highway at night when just the right song comes on the radio to accompany the rhythm of my drive. (This also goes for driving down Mem Drive along the Charles River).
3. Pesto, sundried tomatoes, and pine nuts. To whatever dish they are added as a compilation.
4. Mt. Pleasant Ave.
5. Running down the final hill of Com. Ave. as the sunset darkens into purple
6. The relentless pursuit of affection from the Sun Dog
7. Emiliana Torrini
8. The sweet, sandy smell of the dew drenched summer evening at the edge of Carroll’s Pond, whilst the crickets hum into a sharpening buzz
9. The Vicar of Dibley: A Holy Wholly Happy Ending. Every single time.
10. Washing dishes – especially the accumulation after a happy, filling meal from a crowded dining room table
11. Cleverly woven phrases
12. The shadow of leaves on the road as a car passes underneath the sun
13. The Dr. Who theme
14. Sinking my bare feet into wet sand and letting the waves crash around my ankles
15. Christmas tree lights when it isn’t Christmas
16. Drinking a glass of red wine in the afternoon.
17. The dampness of the earth thawing
18. Telling someone I appreciate the accomplishment their creativity
19. Ray LaMontagne’s voice
20. The smell of old books, old wood, and stored away materials as I find in my grandmother’s attic and Beauport
21. Trees that look like they are on fire, even in the darkness of night without any artificial light
22. Dancing to Stevie Wonder
23. Watching young people find the courage and voice and strength of creative expression
24. The moment after a blackout in a theater when the audience holds their collective breath and lets go of disbelief
25. Totally ripping this off from Scarlet O’Hara… tomorrow is always another day and a new beginning.

Comments
>>I'll take a partial credit for that as you wrote this the day after visiting my house and neighborhood.
There are at least 6 - 8 houses still lighting up the streets and washing away the darkness of winter.