377 days, Blog #163 or Three Things I learned today



So today was quite full.  And now the magic hour of midnight isn’t so very far away.  But before I let the pumpkin hour pass, I will collect three things I learned today.

1. I have a lot of patience with this winter.  Actually, it’s spring now.  I was a little annoyed that snow started again today – but that is mostly vanity about my driveway (and the path I finally uncovered for an oil delivery this week).  Truth be told, though, I was actually kind of excited there was enough snow to justify shoveling the driveway this afternoon before I went out to visit my sister.  Yes, I’m sure this weird love or compulsion is annoying to everyone else who is just so over it already.  And I am kind of, too.  Only, I would still take this any day, any year over a stretch of high 90s with humidity over 70%.  And again, it didn’t snow March 6,7,8, 13, 14, or 15 enough to cancel a show.  Demeter, we’re good.  But for the sake of everyone else, Persephone you can stop lollygagging now.

2. I stopped drinking this week for a little while.  I need a prop while I’m at the computer.  A nice warm mug of tea is just the trick.  I have to say it is actually trippier than the wine.  It provokes weird dreams.  At least Trader Joe’s Well Rested tea does that.   Or maybe I should say vivid.  Not just in imagery, but emotion.  

 3. I am terrified of my singing voice.  I went to a karaoke party tonight and hated hearing my voice on the microphone.  I recognize the voice as a muscle and mine is wretchedly out of shape and practice.  I don’t breathe properly… and because I wasn’t drinking… too tense to enjoy the risk.  I’ve never liked my singing voice.   Actually, I hate hearing my speaking voice.  But I like to talk, so I got over that.  Singing makes me very self-conscious.  I think that is a fear I have to conquer.  Maybe I add that to the list.

Gah.  The list.  I only have five – no four and a half months left.  Lots still left to do!

But now… sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts